To me, summer makeup is a quick base, a bit of bronzer/blush, a few coats of mascara and a big emphasis on a pretty lip! Whether it be nude, orange or my usual bubble gum pink, lips are the way to brighten up your face without loading on too much product in the summer.
Over the weekend, Mell and I had a spa night. We did some makeup, face masks, nails, listened to 2000′s rap, ate chinese (go figure) and had an AWESOME time. There is a CVS near her house that is closing and has ALL their makeup 50% off. By the time we got there, most of the stuff was very rummaged through, but we both found some awesome lipsticks!
Here’s a list of the lip products I purchased. I’m sure you will see a few of them in Instagram posts and OOTD‘s soon!
- Revlon Colorstay Moisture Shine in Barcelona Nights
- Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Lilac Love
- Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Nude-trients
- L’Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Rose Melody
- L’Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Rose Symphony
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Fruit Punch
Pictured above is my favorite from the bunch, the Milani Fruit Punch color. I stole this from Mell and bought it in the store. Best decision I’ve ever made. This picture is with it blended in, but it’s REALLY pretty full-on.
Speaking of Mell, I’m sure you all are missing her posts by now, but I have heard from a little birdy (okay, I talked to Mell and know for sure) that she is posting her new lip products, complete with swatches on THURSDAY. You won’t want to miss it. The hot, bright summery lip products she purchased are to DIE for.
Which summery drugstore lip products are your favorites?